Saturday, November 1, 2014

3rd Day Post Op, Irritability sets in...

My incisions are feeling less tender, steri strips are still intact, still no hunger...can't really complain.  But...if you will allow me to, I will say this:

Gas Pains SUCK! I feel like i've probably gotten rid of all of the gas that was pumped in to me, but I'm talking about burping in general and how uncomfortable it is.  When I have an empty stomach, I belch, i'm not sure if this happens to anyone else, but it is definitely posing a problem for me currently.  I've had no problem dropping diet cokes and anything carbonated, so that is not it, rather I think it's me not being able to keep anything on my stomach long enough to keep me from having gas.  They suggested gas strips, but I've heard from more than one person that is not the answer.

I have an appt with my surgeon next week for follow up.  Perhaps I can run that by him and see if there is some sort of relief.  I'm mostly just afraid that I will shift my band by burping so much, or enlarge my pouch above the band.  I'm sure that i'm just being paranoid, but still, who wants to do this all over again?

Clear liquid diet phase has been ok, really.  I've been drinking iced tea, vitamin water XXX zero, chicken broth, SF Jello and SF Popsicles.  I've been adding protein shakes when I can, but you can definitely tell when it goes down, it being much more thick than the rest.

I do feel sensations at my band, but i'm not sure if that is hunger or pain from surgery or gas.  I'm interested to find out what each one feels like so that i can satiate when needed.

All in good time I suppose! Looking forward to next Thursday, when i can shift to a True Liquid diet.!! Tomato soup, here i come!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I have been reading your post on the lap band surgery and myself have really been thinking about getting the lapband done! The only thing is I'm scared and I have all these questions like how does it feel? Can you even eat? How bad is the gas? I'm not sure who you through but I don't live to far from you and I live in Woodforest and I went to true results to check it out! Is that who you went through? I just don't know I'm reading the book they gave me and I been searching for someone to guide me and tell me is this a good percedure cause I see everyone getting the sleeve but I can't see myself cutting my whole stomach up.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JmanX! I would say at this point it is worth it, even though i'm still only on liquids and transitioning in to my new lifestyle. I can see the horizon! I'm dropping weight rapidly and at his point are still not hungry. The procedure was very easy and recover is fast. I'm still a bit sore at my incision sites, but nothing I can't handle. I feel motivated and excited to try new recipes and eat better in general! I'm even looking forward to getting back in to shape to enjoy exercising again!! I used to be such an athlete!! True Results is a great place to research this procedure and I would definitely continue if you feel like it is what you want to do. They do the hard part in following your insurance company's requirements and making everything just seamless. I will be happy to answer your questions in more detail of you like. Please feel free to email me at joneskarie@gmail.com if you have any more ?'s. I'll work on more posts for you to read, to keep you updated! Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "satiated" feeling is different for everyone. Mine is annoying because it comes 20 minutes AFTER I'm satiated...which isn't very helpful, so I have to rely on limiting myself to a specific portion (which is hard, believe me). So my full feeling is a dull ache (not a pain, just a noticeable achiness) in the middle of my back, over more to the right side. Also...my nose runs when I've eaten "too much"...but again, I almost never notice either of those things till it's too late.

    Weird about all the burping. I don't remember burping at all. I hope that settles down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your surgeon tell you that you had to hit a certain amount of calories or protein on your full liquid diet? Because i'm consuming very little calories and only about 15 grams of protein / day. He only mentions consuming 60 gms of protein once on solids and under 1200 calories. Does that sound right?

    ReplyDelete