Thursday, October 30, 2014

I DID IT!!!! 1st full day Post OP!!

I'm home and in recovery mode!! I have to say having a C-Section with my little one was much worse than this.  The nurses were surprised at how fast I was up and at it!!

Being the first one in line, meant no time to even think about what was happening.  We arrived at the hospital and before I knew it, I was being called back for pre op!!

If i don't share this next part, Hubbo will be disappointed...so respiratory came in to have me exercise my lungs to help with expansion before surgery.  Well..instead of sucking in, i blew out and looked at the respiratory clinician like...oh man...I was supposed to suck not blow right? WE all had a good laugh.  I made sure that I wasn't the only person who had ever done that and was assured...thank goodness. Hubbo laughed a little too hard at that one..thanks hon.


I remember kissing Hubbo and being wheeled back to the surgery suite, but after that it went fuzzy! My anesthesiologist is a Professional Mixologist, he did me right.  I remember them waking me up afterwards and seeing Dr Reilly, well seeing him partially...my glasses were with Hubbo.  He advised that it all went well and was being led back to my recovery room!!

I had to use the restroom pretty badly so they accompanied back to the restroom and as mentioned before they were very surprised at my up and at em! Hubbo came back to the room and we were soon wheeled off to radiology.  Here is me standing at the xray machine getting ready to drink my Barium cocktail.  It tasted just like lemon cleaner..TERRIBLE!! But all looked good and Hubbo said it looked pretty awesome to see the liquid run from my esophagus to my stomach! Wish I could have seen it!
After this event we were again wheeled back to recovery and since I had already walked and used the restroom, two of the requirements, I needed to be able to take down some liquid and see if it stayed down.
Don't mind the face!! hahaha!! i was just glad to be out of surgery and given the opportunity to get that terrible taste of the Barium out of my mouth!!! I was able to keep it down and was advised that i shouldn't take more than an oz or 2 down every 15 min.  Just as long as I sip liquids as I would a hot cup of coffee, I should be good.  I need to take in atleast 64 oz of liquid a day, so basically i'm sipping all day.  This will be for a week and then on to things like tomato soup.

Here is my actual before picture that Hubbo and I actually took when we got home from surgery.  It will stand as my beginning!

Bandito!! OUT!!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy!!!! Welcome to the other side! Now don't be surprised if you feel like you did 500 sit-ups tomorrow. That is how I felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations!! This makes me feel a little more at ease with my upcoming surgery!!

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete