Sunday, October 19, 2014

7 days Pre-Op Diet and First Fat Picture!! EEeeek!

I'm seven days in to the pre-op diet and I think i might have a handle on this thing.  Surprisingly hunger is not an issue.  Getting out of the routine of eating at certain times, or amounts is the one thing I think that is going to take a while to get over.  I've programmed myself in thinking that I need "this much" to survive or to even make it through my day.  But the fact is...I need very little. When hunger does strike...I do have my normal anxiety of finding my next meal or having to satiate.  That still scares me, but that is what i'm looking most forward to with the band....the satiation!!! I've been trying to find the source of my anxiety about food and I can pick out a few times in my childhood where I think this anxiety was born.  I'm no professional, but atleast it's a start.  I may break in to that topic in later posts, but tonight...i'm tired and getting through this pre-op diet has all of my attention! I will post a picture of myself in my current state to remind me of where I was when i look back with pride at where I've come.

Feast your eyes on this beauty........

I decided to go with a bathing suit picture, because why the hell not?? I mean, no more hiding from myself and others.  There I am, swim dress and all! My daughter is 10 mos here and I have no excuse for the size that I am.  I think i am 290 here?  Wow!! Quite a bit for a 5'1" 34 year old.  But she among other things are my main motivation to snap out of it and get in to shape!! I'll work on getting my husband to take a current before so that I can have a visual starting point.  This was 5 mos ago, but still fairly accurate for what it is!! Who knows, maybe i'll show you an after bathing suit picture! Hahahaha, don't get too excited, i'm sure that it will be in a swim dress also.  Until next time!

The Great Bandito...OUT!!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be on the pre-op diet soon enough, hopefully I do ok with it! I'm so glad that I found your blog, I'll be following along on your progress! It's good to know others going through similar experiences!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Savanna! Thanks for following along. I'm ready to get going and I know you are too!! When is your surgery date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not scheduled yet, before the new year! I go in for an EGD on Nov 6th!

      Delete
  3. I love before pics! Good luck to you. It's hard work but totally worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lap Band Gal!! I just love your blog and was inspired to blog myself. I thought it might help with accountability. Did you find that that was the case with you?

      Delete